Pages

10.23.2013

battle wounds, bucks and eSSential oiLs

so it wasn't long before someone got hurt...



at some point in time the boys were rough housing and I *think* that Milo's horn got Sax during one of their many pushing/butting matches.  beloved called me over to their pen yesterday to show me and at the time I tried to get a picture, but getting a picture that of a goat that IS NOT blurry is like trying to get a picture of my daughter sitting still...it just doesn't happen.
 
fortunately for me, when I went out this afternoon to check their water and the rest of the critters on the farm, I was able to reapply my own blend of essential oils and get a picture. 
 
the blend itself isn't much...just a few drops of lavender and frankincense mixed with a carrier oil...
 
(obviously this label was from an earlier batch, I did not use olive oil this time around but grapeseed oil)
 
but believe me when I tell you...it works!  I had to use it on one of my hens a few months back because she was being 'pecked on' by the others.  after a few applications, some time to heal, and plenty of TLC...she was back with the rest of the hens and doing fine. 

so for those that want to know I think the recipe is something like this...

2-3 drops of lavender
2-3 drops of frankincense
2 T grapeseed oil (though any carrier oil would work I assume, even olive oil, which I have used before with great results)
1oz glass amber bottle with dropper

I measured the carrier oil in first and then added the essential oils.  I am not real big on exact measurements, especially when I am just throwing things together, so if you put in an extra drop or leave an extra drop out, no biggie.

I put a drop on my finger and apply it that way since he like to move so much.  I apply it at least once a day. 

I got the bottles/droppers here and my carrier and essential oils here.  I have used YL essential oils also with great results. 

oh I almost forgot...this picture is of Sax after his second application (day two).  I know you can't tell, but his battle wound already looks better as compared to yesterday.

anyhow, I will keep you updated on Sax's progress but until then...

peace and love to you all!

this blog post is linked with

Homestead Barn Hop
The Clever Chicks Blog Hop
Teach Me Tuesdays





No comments: